Kylie Jenner Family History
Kylie Kristen Jenner was born on August 10th, 1997 in Los Angeles, the younger daughter of Bruce (now Caitlyn) and Kris Jenner.
Thanks initially to their association with the Kardashians, Kylie and her elder sister Kendall were famous from an early age. In 2014 and again in 2015 they appeared on the Time magazine list of the most influential teens in the world. In 2016 Kylie launched her own cosmetics line Kylie Cosmetics. And in 2017 she starred on her own TV reality series Life of Kylie.
Kylie is the third-most-followed person on Instagram. In 2019 Forbes magazine estimated her net worth at $1 billion and called her the world’s youngest self-made billionaire at the age of twenty-one.
The Jenners and the Kardashians
Kylie’s father Bruce has been famous in his own right, having shocked America in 2015 by announcing that he had become a woman, Caitlyn Jenner. He had previously been married three times and sired six children.
Bruce had come from an East Coast athletics background. As he told a sports magazine interviewer:
“By the time I turned two, I’d already developed a big chest, wide shoulders, and boundless energy.” He won a gold medal in the decathlon in the 1976 Montreal Olympics.
But he has become better known as a California TV celebrity. In 1991 he married Kris Kardashian, the divorced wife of lawyer Robert Kardashian who represented O.J. Simpson during his 1995 murder trial. Since the 2007 debut of the TV reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, he has appeared as the step-father to the four Kardashian siblings (Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Rob) as well as father to his two Jenner daughters (Kendall and Kylie). The show focused on the two households, the Kardashian and the Jenner, and ran until 2021.
Many might say that these siblings are famous just for being famous. But when it has come to high-end brand endorsements, modelling assignments and a massive social media presence, few have been able to match them.
The Jenner Line from Canada
The progenitor of the Jenners was John Jenner from Sussex in England. Born in 1817 he had enlisted with the British army in 1841 and served in Canada. He decided to remain in Canada after his discharge in 1852. He moved to St. John, New Brunswick where he married. In fact he married four times between 1853 and 1875 as his wives kept dying on him.
A monument from 1887 in Sussex, Kings county bore the following inscription:
“Parted Below – United Above:
- Mary Ann Jenner, wife of John Jenner, died August 5th, 1854
- also Elizabeth Jenner, wife of John Jenner, died April 1st, 1867
- also Sophia Jenner, wife of John Jenner, died July 8th, 1874, aged 39 years
John Jenner, who is yet alive, belongs to nearly all our secret societies. Mr. Jenner is now living with his fourth wife.”
John in fact lived until 1893 and was outlived by his fourth wife Elizabeth. She was thirty four years younger than John when they married and she outlived him by sixty one years. John had died in 1893 at the age of 76 and she in 1954 at the age 0f 103.
John second son, also named John, was ordained as a Baptist minister in Brookfield, Nova Scotia in 1889. No one in the family followed him into the ministry. His son Hugh became a bookkeeper; his daughter Lenna a nurse who was posted to London during the First World War (she died there of tuberculosis in 1918 at the young age of twenty-nine).
Hugh’s son Bill, born in 1923, spent his youth in the Boston area, later relocating to Westchester county where he joined the army in 1942. Two years later, he landed on Omaha Beach during D-Day and was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. He participated in the Army Olympics during the war, was an avid water skier, and flew ultralight airplanes.
After the war he worked in tree surgery and landscaping. His son Bruce was born in Mount Kisco, New York in 1949.
Kylie Jenner’s Family Tree
- John Jenner from Sussex in England (1817-1893) emigrated to New Brunswick, Canada in 1852, m. Mary Ann Greaves (1826-1854) in 1853, Elizabeth Fowler (1825-1867) in 1854, Sophia LaFurgey (1835-1874) in 1867, and Elizabeth Mills (1851-1954) in 1875.
- – Thomas Jenner (1859-1928)
- – John Jenner (1861-1934)
- – plus four further children from two later wives
- Rev. John Jenner from New Brunswick (1861-1934) m. Mary MacIntyre (1868-1952) in 1884
- – Ada Jenner (1885-1962) m. Alexander Ross
- – Lenna Jenner (1889-1918), died in London
- – Hugh Jenner (1893-1950)
- – Muriel Jenner (1906-1975)
- Hugh Jenner from New Brunswick m. Bertha Mae Yarn (1881-1980) in 1911
- – Harold Jenner (1913-1967) m. Benita Coffin
- – Betty Jenner (b. 1920)
- – William (Bill) Jenner (1923-2000)
- William (Bill) Jenner from New Brunswick m. Esther McGuire from Idaho in 1946
- – Pamela Jenner (b. 1949) m. Peter Mettler
- – Bruce Jenner aka Caitlyn (b. 1949)
- – Burton (Burt) Jenner (1958-1976), died in car accident
- – Lisa Jenner m. Chris Murulli (divorced)
- Robert Kardashian (1944-2003) m. Kris Houghton (b. 1955) in 1978, divorced in 1991
- – Kourtney Kardashian (b. 1979) m. Travis Barker in 2022
- – Kim Kardashian (b. 1980) m. Kanye West in 2014, divorced in 2022
- – Khloe Kardashian (b. 1984) m. Lamar Odom in 2009, divorced in 2016
- – Rob Kardashian (b. 1987)
- Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner m. Chrystie Scott (b. 1950) in 1972, divorced in 1981; rem. Linda Thompson (b. 1950) in 1981, divorced in 1986; rem. Kris Kardashian nee Houghton in 1991, divorced in 2015
- – Burton (Burt) Jenner (b. 1978) with Chrystie
- – Cassandra (Casey) Jenner (b. 1980) with Chrystie, m. Miichael Marino
- – Brandon Jenner (b. 1981) with Linda, m. Leah Felder
- – Brody Jenner (b. 1983) with Linda
- – Kendall Jenner (b. 1995) with Kris
- – Kylie Jenner (b. 1997) with Kris
- Kylie Jenner and partner Jacques Webster aka rapper Travis Scott (b. 1991)
- – Stormi (daughter b. 2018) and Aire (son b. 2022)
Click here for return to front page
Leave a Reply